Several full time / part time positions available across different programs
Competitive salary and benefits
Therapeutic counselling role
Located in Narrabundah, ACT
Join a team of social workers, counsellors and psychologists committed to providing evidence based therapeutic counselling and group work interventions to individuals, couples and families. Key focus areas include family dynamics, relationships, and family law matters.
Your New Role
Reporting to the Manager, you will be providing therapeutic counselling to Individuals of all ages, Couples, Families and Carers.
In addition, your duties may include (not be limited to):
- Carrying out individual, couple, and family counselling.
- Carrying out counselling in community crisis or critical incident situations
- Planning/providing groups.
- Maintaining confidentiality of all clients within the parameters of duty of care.
- Attending and contributing to Program meetings and professional development.
- Ensuring that clinical and administrative standards are maintained in accordance with the Program’s policies.
If you would like to work with us to make a positive difference in people’s lives - we want to hear from you!
What we offer
Rewarding opportunities exist for enthusiastic people seeking meaningful careers, helping people in the wider community in a diverse range of program areas.
Marymead CatholicCare's employment benefits include a generous salary packaging option, free parking, and professional development in a family friendly environment.
Marymead CatholicCare is the social services arm of the Catholic Archdiocese of Canberra and Goulburn. Our mission is to provide quality services to people by promoting healthy, inclusive communities through relationships, partnerships and collaboration while adhering to our values of Respect, Integrity, Excellence, Care & Compassion and Inclusivity.
Tertiary Qualifications in:
- Social Work (including membership of Australian Association of Social Workers), or
- Registered with AHPRA as a Psychologist, or
- Degree qualified counsellors with ACA or PACFA membership (level 3 or 4)
The ideal person we are seeking has:
- Demonstrated wide range of experience in family and relationship counselling particularly in relation to issues facing young people, families, couples, and individuals.
- Demonstrated commitment to working within a child safety framework that is client centred and family focused.
- Excellent relationship building skills to maintain effective stakeholder relationships.
- Proven experience and ability to respond appropriately to critical incidents and to clients presenting with complex needs.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, and good time management skills
- Computer literacy skills, including a working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook, and simple data bases.
- Understand EEO, Work Safety and confidentiality.
To be considered for this role you will be required to undergo a National Police Check and also be required to hold:
A current Driver’s License.
A Working with Vulnerable People Card (ACT); or
A Working with Children Check (NSW)
- Attach an updated resume;
- Address each area above in a covering letter (no more than two pages).
Applications that do not meet the above requirements will not be considered.
Closing Date: Tuesday 12 November 2023